Kent will look to continue their impressive start to the new LV= CC campaign when the gates of the St Lawrence Ground are opened for the first time this season as they face Gloucestershire.
Kent dominated much fancied Yorkshire in the opening round of championship fixtures, with bad weather denying them a victory charge. However, Northamptonshire had no such luck last week and were blown away by a stunning all-round display as Kent powered to an innings and 120 run win, inside three days. The Kent squad for their first home LV= CC match is largely unchanged, with the addition of Chris Piesley in place of Alex Blake.
All-rounder Matt Coles who bludgeoned a stunning maiden century against Yorkshire, before claiming career best figures of 6-51 against Northants commented ahead of the match; "It is certainly nice to be back at our home of cricket. It is extra special for me, as a home-grown player, because it is where it all started. Hopefully we can record another victory, to make it two wins and a draw, and go from there. Our support is excellent and it is always a great help when the fans get right behind you; it gives you an even bigger buzz."
The full squad to face Gloucestershire at the St Lawrence Ground will be:
Rob Key (c)
Match reports will be available on the Kent Cricket website following each day of play.
Photo: Sarah Ansell SarahCanterbury.com
Tickets for this match are available both online (click here) and at the gate. If you purchase tickets online before 9am on each of the day's play, they will be cheaper than those purchased at the gate. Please see ticket prices below.
Adults: £10 in advance, £15 on the gate (Ground Only)
£15 in advance, £20 on the gate (Frank Woolley Stand)
Juniors (U 16): £5 in advance, £8 on the gate
Tickets can also be purchased from the Kent Cricket Shop.
Kent Cricket Retail Shop:
The Kent Cricket Shop will be open from 9am and has the new range of training kit available to purchase. There will also be a few bargains to be had within the Sale section.
Kent Cricket Annual 2012 now available
The 2012 Kent Cricket Annual is now in stock for you to buy, priced £10 for non-members. Members please go to the Kent Cricket Shop to collect your Annual (you may be guided to the Meeting Room in the Cowdrey Conference Centre to pick this up).
Car parking and ground access:
- St Lawrence car park pass holders may park on site at the St Lawrence Ground at no additional cost.
- Life Members can park at the St Lawrence free of charge, but space is not guaranteed.
- Some additional parking will be available on site on a first come first served basis priced at £15.
- Anyone with a season long parking pass for Simon Langton Girls School may park at the St Lawrence Ground at a reduced cost of £7 subject to available space.
- All cars entering the St Lawrence Ground must do so from the Nackington Road entrance due to on-going construction work on the administration building and for the safety of customers using the Sainsbury’s convenience store.
- The Oast gate will be closed during matches at the St Lawrence Ground, but will be opened one hour before close of play each day.
Food and Beverage:
The Cornwallis Room, located in the Cowdrey Conference Centre is open to both members and non-members, serving a range of food and drink from 9am on each match day. The Carvery will be served from 12pm, which is available on a first come first serve basis.
Jonesy's Kitchen, located on the ground floor of the Les Ames Boxes is also open from 9am, serving a range of hot and cold snacks throughout the day and hot meals during the lunch interval. To book a table please telephone Carol on 07887 974304 or email email@example.com.
The Club Forum takes place at close of play on Day Two of each home LV= County Championship match. This season Club Forums will take place in the JM Recruitment Harris Room at the St Lawrence Ground. This week’s Forum will be led by Jamie Clifford and George Kennedy