Kent Spitfires play their first NatWest T20 Blast of the summer at The Spitfire Ground on Tuesday (7pm) with Gloucestershire the visitors.
Five of the first six matches in the group stage are away from Canterbury but head coach Matt Walker is hoping home support can be an advantage for the first match at HQ.
Walker said: “We love playing here. The ground get behind us and we try to play on the best wickets possible to suit our strokemakers and pace attack.
“We’re comfortable in these conditions and surroundings but we know there’s no easy game in the South group. Every side has dangerous players who can make an impact and win a game.
“They are short games so you can give it your all in each one.”
Gates open at 4.30pm. Please note there will be no parking at Simon Langton Girls Grammar for this match. The Park & Ride is available from 4pm at New Dover Road (CT1 3EJ) with regular services to the Spitfire Ground.
Kent Spitfires squad: 17 Sam Northeast (c), 23 Daniel Bell-Drummond, 6 Joe Denly, 7 Sam Billings (wk), 10 Alex Blake, 83 Jimmy Neesham, 3 Darren Stevens, 24 Adam Ball, 26 Matt Coles, 20 Adam Milne, 15 James Tredwell, 8 Mitch Claydon, 11 Imran Qayyum.
Gloucestershire squad: Klinger (c), Mustard, Cockbain, Hankins, Roderick, Howell, J. Taylor, Perera, Noema-Barnett, Smith, Payne, M.Taylor, Liddle.
Kent Spitfires v Gloucestershire stats:
- This is the first-time Kent Spitfires and Gloucestershire will have played on a Tuesday
- Gloucestershire have won both of their last two matches on the road against Kent by seven and nine wickets respectively
- Kent Spitfires come into this match having won three of their last four home matches (L1)
- Sam Northeast requires 75 runs to reach 2,000 in his T20 career
- Joe Denly posted the highest score of the season so far during his most recent appearance; 116* for Kent Spitfires against Surrey