Kent Cricket and The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence are delighted to announce that Westlife – the UK’s top-selling album group of the 21st Century – will perform live in Canterbury on Friday 17th July 2020.
The Irish band’s spectacular summer tour will see the global pop kings perform all of their greatest hits including ‘Swear It Again’, ‘Flying Without Wings’ and ‘You Raise Me Up’ as well as sensational up-tempo new songs from their forthcoming new album ‘Spectrum’.
After hosting some of the other biggest names in the UK music industry at The Spitfire Ground over the years, including artists such as Elton John and Bryan Adams, Canterbury will once again be treated to a premier live act at the home of Kent Cricket next Summer.
Westlife’s tour, which covers some of the biggest outdoor venues in the UK, will conclude with the band’s first-ever Wembley Stadium show on Saturday 22 August 2020.
The Stadiums in the Summer announcement follows the phenomenal success of Westlife’s remarkable comeback and comes as the band prepares to release their brand new album ‘Spectrum’ on 15 November.
The Canterbury date is presented by live music promoters Cuffe and Taylor and follows the stunning success of this summer’s ‘Twenty Tour’ – Westlife’s fastest selling tour of all time.
On playing at The Spitfire Ground, the band said: “The reaction to our comeback tour was beyond anything any of us ever imagined so we’re going to do it all over again, but this time in some of the largest outdoor venues in the UK.
“The shows are going to be incredible and will include all our greatest hits. We can’t wait to perform in Canterbury.”
Speaking about the Stadiums in the Summer Tour coming to Canterbury, Kent Cricket’s CEO Simon Storey said: “Following the announcement of Westlife’s biggest ever UK show at Wembley Stadium, we’re delighted to have secured a tour date for Canterbury in 2020.
“This is a great opportunity once again for us to open up the gates of The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence to the wider community and of course the concert will attract thousands of people to the city with all the economic benefits that brings.
“We look forward to welcoming Westlife and their fans from across the region to Kent Cricket for an unmissable summer evening of live music.”
Westlife have sold more than 55 million records worldwide and are the only band to have their first seven singles enter the UK chart at No.1.
They also have the most singles of any artist to debut at No.1 in the UK. Overall the band have had an incredible 14 No.1 singles, behind only Elvis Presley and The Beatles.
The band have had 33 No.1 albums worldwide and as a live act have sold 5 million concert tickets worldwide.
How do I book tickets?
- Tickets are available to be purchased through Ticketmaster here or by calling 0844 844 0444
How do I book accessibility tickets?
- Accessible viewing platform and allocated aisle seating for customers with requirements. Please contact Ticketmaster on 0800 988 4440
How do I book VIP Nation Hot Tickets?
- VIP Nation Hot tickets are available to be purchased here: https://vipnation.eu/westlife
How do I book Hospitality tickets?
- Hospitality tickets can be purchased through The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury on 01227 473612 or through Ticketmaster https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk or 0844 844 0444
I have a query regarding my tickets, who should I speak to?
- For any questions you may have with regards to your tickets, you’ll need to contact your point of purchase and their customer services team will be able to help.
- Ticketmaster Customer Services – 0333 321 9999
- VIP Nation customer services number – 0207 009 3484
Can I purchase tickets on the day of the concert?
- If there is availability, yes, tickets can be purchased on the day of the concert from the box office.
Can I have a refund or exchange on my tickets?
- We regret that we cannot exchange, refund or transfer tickets unless the event in question has been cancelled or rescheduled. This is part of the purchase policy you agree to when purchasing tickets.
Key times: (all subject to change)
What time will the gates open?
- General admission gates will open at 5:00pm. Hospitality gates will open at 4:00pm.
What time is the box office open?
- Box office opening time: 3:00pm Box office closing time: estimate 9:30pm. Please note timings are subject to change.
Travelling and parking:
Getting to Kent Cricket, The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Old Dover Rd, Canterbury CT1 3NZ:
BY Road: FROM THE NORTH From M20 junction 7 turn left onto A249. At M2 junction 5 (Sittingbourne) bear right onto M2. At junction 7 (Boughton Street) turn right on to A2. From the A2 ignore the first exit for Canterbury (Harbledown, A2050) Continue on the A2 till the Bridge exit. Take the exit and then turn right travel 70 metres the take the first right with a sign directing to Canterbury. Follow the road on to the A2050 (not left and back onto to the A2). Continue on the Roman Road and at the Gate roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the Old Dover Road (B2068). Continue on Old Dover Road for 800 metres and the ground will be clearly visible on the left-hand side.
FROM THE SOUTH From M20 junction 13 bear right onto A20. Follow this road to junction with A260. Bear left and continue to junction with A2 (north). Continue to junction with A2050 and then proceed as north.
Car parking: More information available nearer the time of the event.
Accessible car parking: More information available nearer the time of the event.
By Bus: Buses to/from Folkestone via the Elham Valley (route 17) and Hythe (route 18) serve the bus stops immediately outside the Cricket Ground on Old Dover Road. Buses to/from Deal (route 12), Dover (route 15), and Folkestone via Hawkinge (Stagecoach Gold 16) all serve the bus stops on New Dover Road (a short walk down St. Lawrence Road opposite the ground). There are frequent buses direct to Canterbury City Centre from the bus stop on New Dover Road adjacent St. Lawrence Road. For timetable information visit www.stagecoachbus.com/eastkent
By Train: Canterbury East – 1 mile. Canterbury West – 1.5 miles. Passenger information – 08457 484950 www.nationalrail.co.uk
Is the concert seated?
- It is a standing concert, however there are unreserved general admission seats available within the venue. Please note in the seated areas people may stand around you.
Is the concert outdoors?
- Yes. Please ensure you bring clothing appropriate to the expected weather conditions.
If it rains, will the concert still go ahead?
- Yes, the concert will go ahead in the rain so please come prepared. Concerts are only ever cancelled if the weather conditions make it dangerous.
What are the toilet facilities?
- All customers will have easy access to toilet facilities. There will be accessible toilets located at the venue.
Can I buy official merchandise?
- Yes, if available, official merchandise will be available to purchase within the venue.
Is there a cash machine?
- There are no cash machines at the venue. We would suggest bringing sufficient cash.
I require a BSL interpreter:
- If you require a BSL interpreter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bags larger than an A4 piece of paper are not permitted.
- All bags are subject to a search so please avoid bringing one where you can as this would speed up your entry to the concert.
Food and drink:
Food and drink are not permitted however there are food and drink concessions within the event.
– 1 sealed bottled water per person max 500ml is permitted.
– 1 empty reusable bottle is permitted.
– There will be free water re-fill stations at the venue. If you have a medical condition, then a doctor’s note will permit diet-specific food and drink only.
Can I bring an umbrella?
- Umbrellas are not permitted
Can I bring a camera?
- Any cameras that are deemed as “Professional” will be confiscated until the end of the concert.
-Allowed: Non-Professional Recording Equipment (Point & Shoot Cameras, Flip Video Cameras, etc.)
-Not Allowed: Professional Recording (Photo, Video, Audio) Equipment (NO Detachable Zoom Lense, Tripods or Other Commercial Equipment
- Children under 5 years are not permitted in to the stadium.
- Persons under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
- No under 16s are permitted in Golden Circle standing.
- A max of 8 tickets apply for Gold Circle and General Admission Standing tickets. Tickets in excess of this will be cancelled.
- Resale only permitted on Ticketmaster. Tickets purchased by businesses or traders will be cancelled.
- Once you leave the venue you will not be allowed back in