We’re looking forward to welcoming you to The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence as we host England Women vs. New Zealand Women on Sunday 26 September 2021.
Please find below:
- A pre-match information pack for those attending the game
- Confirmation of the parking process for this match for our Spitfire Ground Car Parking Pass Holders
We want your visit to be as safe and comfortable as possible. As Covid-19 remains a part of our lives everyone – including the players, officials, staff, stewards, Members and supporters – will need to adhere to some Covid-19 protocols.
It is important to understand that we have been operating a bio-secure ground and are governed by elite sport guidelines.
We have to make specific arrangements for managing large crowds and have been working with local Public Health officials, the Sports Ground Safety Authority and the Safety Advisory Group in order to do so.
All this impacts the space we have available in the ground for parking, toilets and moving around.
If someone has claimed or purchased tickets on your behalf, you should keep in contact with them and be aware that you will need to use an e-ticket, which you should print at home or download on your smart phone, to enter the ground on matchday.
Please find your Match Day Pack below, with all you need to prepare and plan for when you’re at Kent Cricket.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE GROUND
- Print or download your match day ticket
- This is downloadable via the Club’s Ticket Portal here
- Please click on ‘VIEW ALL TICKETS CLAIMED’ – ‘SEE DETAILS’ – ‘PRINT’
- Members and 6 Pack Season Ticket holders will need to claim their free ticket in order to enter – you cannot enter with your Membership Card alone.
- If your Membership Card does not contain a photo, please also bring a form of ID with you for verification purposes
- The name on the match day ticket must match the ID
- Do bring an umbrella, warm clothes and sunscreen to protect against the changeable British weather
- Your bank card for cashless payments: Please remember The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence is a cashless venue.
- The Kent Cricket Shop, Membership and Ticket sales, sales of Scorecards and food and beverage payments at all outlets will now be conducted without cash
- Check you have read, understand and can comply with the COVID-19 Code of Conduct
- Driving licence
- Previous Kent Cricket Membership card
- Bank card
- Yes – Adult tickets are £20 and Junior tickets (5-15) are £10 and are only available at the Zone A Gate, which is accessible from Old Dover Road.
- Please remember, we can only accept card payment and there are no concessions or discounts for any day of play.
- It is therefore advisable to pre-purchase your ticket, any time up until the day of the game, from our ticket shop here. Advanced tickets are £15 for Adults and £5 for Juniors.
GETTING TO THE GROUND
- Private travel will reduce the COVID risk and you should take a common-sense approach to your journey to and from the match
- Keep your journey as simple as possible – avoiding unnecessary stops on the way to the venue or on the way home – and adhere to latest Government guidance around social distancing and wearing a face covering while you travel
- We don’t want you to miss a minute of the match action so give yourself plenty of time; gates will open at two hours before the start of play at 09:00
- Entry to the ground may take longer than normal and you should keep updated with any travel information that may affect your journey to avoid delays
- We have no on-site parking for this fixture, so please do not approach the ground in your vehicle, as you will be turned away and this will cause disruption.
- Parking has been made available at the Simon Langton Girl Grammar School opposite the ground, which is free for Life Members and Parking pass holders.
- In order to park, you must secure your parking ticket at the website here. You will not be allowed to enter the school parking without a ticket.
PARKING – CARS, MOTORCYCLES & BICYCLES
- As there is no parking on the ground, we have organised parking at the Simon Langton Girls Grammar School, which is just across the road from our Nackington Road entrance.
- This is free for Life Members and Spitfire Ground Parking Pass holders
- Non-permit holders can purchase a ticket for £10 here.
- Parking is also available in the following locations:
- New Dover Road Park & Ride:
- 07:00-19:30 Monday-Saturday
- 10:00-19:30 Sundays
- For more information on this service, please click here. Charges apply.
- On-street parking
- Charges/restrictions may apply.
- New Dover Road Park & Ride:
- Bicycles are permitted, but must be locked and stored at the owner’s risk.
- Limited parking at The Spitfire Ground is available for accessible parking for blue badge holders only
- Tickets will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and will not be available to purchase on the day – call 01227 456 886 to reserve
- Blue badge holders with a valid Spitfire Ground Car Parking Pass will not be charged to park – but must book a space in advance via the number above
- Blue badge holders without a Spitfire Ground Car Parking Pass will be charged a daily rate of £15 – and must book a space in advance via the number above
- Gates will open at 09:00, two hours before the start of play
- To reduce queuing times at the gate, please have your ticket, Membership card and/or a form of ID ready to show our team when you arrive.
- In order to rename a ticket on our Members’ Portal, you will need to click PRINT which will take you to the ticket showing the original name and when you close the ticket, a RENAME button will appear
- Please contact us ahead of time if you have any issues renaming a ticket.
- If you, or anyone in your match day bubble, is feeling ill or has COVID symptoms on the day of the match then you should not attend the match. Please stay at home and follow NHS and PHE guidance on self-isolation.
- No. In line with Government guidance, lateral flow tests are not required although we do recommend taking a test at home before you travel in the interests of your own safety and your fellow spectators.
- No. In line with Government guidance, temperature checks are not required although we do recommend in the interest of your safety and your fellow supporters that you take your temperature before you leave for the ground.
AT THE GROUND
- Yes. As this game went on sale during tighter restrictions, in order for this game to go ahead, you will have an allocated seat, meaning you cannot move to a different seat during the day, as it would likely be someone else’s!
- Please do not bring any chairs, as you will not be able to bring it into the ground. Your ticket will contain a seat number which refers to a seat that we already have at the ground.
- You may now also walk around the ground freely, so should you wish to visit the Club Shop, or concessions on the other side of the ground, you may do so.
- Members also have exclusive access to seating in the Underwood & Knott stand. But again, this must be pre-booked.
- Please note, the Chiesman Pavilion, Leslie Ames stand and seating, and the Frank Woolley upper and lower are not currently available.
- You are encouraged to wear a mask when queuing; whether this is to enter the ground, for food and drink or use the toilet facilities
- Inside all buildings including any hospitality areas, masks are encouraged to be worn except when eating or drinking at your table
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available for your use, provided by Club Partners, Defender Labs.
- We all want to enjoy a day out at the cricket again as safely as possible and so respecting everyone around you is important
- Taking a common-sense approach to how you behave and ensuring that you adhere to social distancing when inside and outside the ground will ensure everyone can feel safe and enjoy themselves.
- View the code of conduct here.
- No. All match day payments at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence are now cashless. The Kent Cricket Shop, ticket sales, sales of scorecards and food and beverage payments at all outlets will now be conducted without cash.
- Simply use your credit/debit card or smart device for payment. The move to cashless transactions is all part of the Club’s work to safely allow as many people as possible to watch live cricket this season.
- You may now move freely around the ground.
- If you need to move around the venue please adhere to any two-way systems, practice appropriate social distancing, respect others and preferably, wear a face mask. You will be allocated a seat if you are seated to ensure you, and everyone around you, can safely enjoy all of the match action.
- Yes – for One Day International matches, re-admittance is permitted should you leave.
- Smoking is not permitted in any of the seated or covered areas, including e-cigarettes
- You may smoke in designated areas.
- If you feel unwell, please speak to a Steward. There is also a trained medical team on-site.
- No. Please do not bring any alcohol with you as it will be confiscated before entry.
- Food and drink options are available. We want to make this process as simple and safe for you so there will be measures in place and it will be a take-away service only.
- As we all want to avoid large gatherings you will only be able to consume food and drink once you have returned to your allocated seat.
- If you are queuing for food and/or drinks we recommend you wear a mask, maintain social distancing and respect other supporters and match day staff.
- There will be outlets serving a range of food and drink and refreshments. Vegetarian options will be available. Food and drinks must be consumed outside.
- We will continue to review our food and drink options on a match-by-match basis, and options on the day will be confirmed via the in-ground announcer.
- You are allowed to bring food and soft drinks into the ground in a small bag.
- We reserve the right to search bags.
- No. There is no need to bring your own chair as every ticket is allocated to a specific seat, so please do not bring your own chair.
- Unfortunately, dogs will not be allowed into the ground with the exception of trained Assistance dogs. With restricted movement around the ground, there is reduced space and it is impossible to balance the needs of the dog, their owners and fellow supporters.
- We will continue to review this policy through the season.
- Yes, however under 5s will require a valid match day ticket to enter. Please contact us if you wish to bring an under 5 so we can process this for you on email@example.com, or 01227 456 886. Alternatively, you can speak to our team in the Box Office at the Zone A gate on the day of the game.
- If rain is forecast, you should be aware that under-covered areas are all restricted. We need to avoid large groups and you will not be allowed to gather together.
- The vast majority of the ground is not under cover, so please bring appropriate clothing and an umbrella.
- Sadly, that is not possible this Summer. The players, team staff and officials will be adhering to their own COVID-19 protocols and must remain in their own team and staff environment.
- Supporters must respect those team environments which will help us ensure safety and allow us to play a full summer of cricket in front of spectators.
- If the ball is hit to you and you do pick it up, do not let other crowd members touch the ball. You should return the ball to the field of play immediately, but do not hand it to a player or official.
- Protocols are in place to ensure the ball is sanitised should it be hit into the crowd which will allow play to continue.
Finally, we would like to reassure you that everyone is working hard to make things as safe and comfortable as possible to allow all Members and supporters to The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, to enjoy their visit.
Members & ticket purchasers – you could be in with a chance of winning a family holiday of a lifetime to Florida’s Paradise Coast.