Kent Cricket is delighted to announce its programme of events for 2020, the club’s 150th Year.
Next year will see a full programme of events, with something for everyone, from: a service at Canterbury Cathedral, Dinner in the Long Room at Lord’s and “party” at a selected Vitality Blast match.
To unveil this exciting calendar, members of the regional press were invited to gathered at Ye Olde Beverlie public house in Canterbury on Friday 6th December 2019, alongside current and former Kent Cricket stars.
Ye Olde Beverlie sits less than 100 yards from the site of the original Canterbury Cricket Week in 1842, and where the Beverley Cricket Club played matches until they merged with Kent Cricket Club to form Kent Cricket in 1870.
Kent Cricket’s CEO, Simon Storey, said: “Everyone at the club is proud to be part of the Kent Cricket stor,y and we are honoured to be in a unique position to be custodians of the club during its 150th Year.
“Not only is this an exciting opportunity to commemorate Kent’s achievements in the past, it’s important that the foundations are built for Kent Cricket’s next 150 years.
“Our comprehensive calendar of events and commemorative merchandising will give everyone associated with Kent Cricket a chance to mark this milestone in their own personal way.
“As representatives of Kent on the national sporting stage, we will continue to represent the county in Men’s and Women’s cricket with immense pride.
“Under our banner, ‘Together, we are Kent’, we will continue bring communities across the county together through cricket – giving the people that live here, and our supporters further afield, reasons to smile.”
Kent Cricket’s 150th Year events:
- Wednesday 4th March, 2020 at 11:00 – A Thanksgiving service at Canterbury Cathedral:
- The first event of the club’s 150th Year celebrations prior to the new season
- Local dignitaries and guests, including Sir Tim Laurence, the club’s President for 2020, will be in attendance
- 1,200 free tickets will be available via application in the new year
- June 2020 – A special dinner in the Long Room at Lord’s:
- A celebration that is easily accessible for Kent supporters based in West and Metropolitan Kent
- June 2020
- July 2020 – A 150th “Party” at a chosen Vitality Blast match:
- Further details will be announced soon
- Friday 2nd October, 2020 – 2020 Spitfire Kent Cricket Awards:
- A special edition of the annual Spitfire Kent Cricket Awards in a marquee at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence
- 450 spaces will be available
- Details on how to purchase tickets will be released during the 2020 season
Kent Cricket in 2020:
- A special commemorative playing shirt which will be worn in the County Championship during the club’s 150th Year, which will be available to pre-order once unveiled in the coming weeks
- 150th Year branded Kent Cricket merchandise will be available to order in the coming weeks
- “Your 150”, a special display curated by the club’s Honorary Curator, Caroline Ellis, will be on display in The Lime Tree Café at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence throughout 2020 and will be free to view on non-matchdays
- A commemorative book, detailing the first 150 Years of Kent Cricket’s history, will be available to purchase in the new year, with special cover artwork designed by Kent-based design firm Shed Creative Design: