Already this year, almost 90,000 children have taken part in either All Stars or Dynamos Cricket – and there is plenty of summer still to come!
As the ECB have previously communicated, they want to ensure that there are as many All Stars and Dynamos courses as possible running throughout the school holidays in July and August this summer. This will enable those inspired by the professional game, of which a lot will be on free to air TV, to find a participation outlet.
Whether you’ve run National Programmes before or not, there is an opportunity to run a programme this summer. You can run it across the traditional 8 weeks, or run it during the school holiday and double up on some of the sessions to fit it into a shorter number of weeks.
With the growing demand for access to kids cricket there is a £1,000 ‘Inspired to Play’ grant currently available to support clubs in delivering extra cricket this summer, this can be used by clubs to support the provision of running these extra sessions in 2022. Inspired to Play grants can help clubs cover the following costs:
- Facility or venue hire
- Staff Costs (qualified coaches)
- Staff Costs (volunteer expenses)
- Admin and project marketing costs (Limit of £100)
- Playing Equipment – Kwik Cricket, softball, hard ball directly related to the activity
- Coaching Equipment – Cones, bibs, bean bags, Windballs etc, directly related to the activity
- T-Shirts for participants (Limit of £200, excludes Official All Stars & Dynamos)
- Trophies, Medals for an end of event presentation to participants directly related to the activity (Limit of £150)
- Catering – e.g. snacks, soft drinks or food for an end of event BBQ for participants and volunteers directly related to the activity (Limit of £200, excludes alcohol)
Full guidance notes can be downloaded here.
To find out more about National Programmes, either All Stars Cricket or Dynamos Cricket, please get in touch with Adam Hodder (Community Programmes Manager). Adam has overseen the roll-out of national programmes in Kent since their inception, All Stars Cricket (2017) and Dynamos Cricket (2021).
Adam Hodder | 07803178844 | email@example.com
For anyone looking to run the programme this summer, it is crucial that programmes are added to the Clubspark system by the 30th of June in order to allow time for marketing campaigns to help drive participants to local clubs.