Kent Women will look to get back in the swing of the Vitality Women’s County T20 with two fixtures against Middlesex and Birmingham Bears at The County Ground, Beckenham on Sunday.
After two frustrating draws due to rain against Sussex and Surrey, ‘The Horses’ go into this weekend hungry for their second win of the tournament after a win against Nottingshamshire in their first game of the season.
Maxine Blythin top scored for Kent with the bat before an inspired bowling performance from Megan Belt saw her take three wickets for just 12 runs in her four overs.
Kent’s six wicket defeat in their second game to Lancashire came despite Tash Farrant’s 37 with the bat and 2/9 with the ball.
Birmingham Bears are currently third in the table after two wins in their first four games. Middlesex sit one place above Kent in sixth after two no-results from their four games so far.
Kent Women Lead Coach Mark Dekker, who won ECB’s Coach of the Month award for May after guiding The Horses to County Championsihp success, has named a strong squad of thirteen for this weekend.
England Women star Fran Wilson is included after taking a fantastic diving catch for England against the West Indies last week.
Six of Kent Women’s squad, including four from the squad for this weekend’s games, were recently selected to play in the upcoming Kia Super League T20 tournament.
All-rounder Grace Gibbs is set to make her first Kent appearance of the season after recovering from a knee injury.
Kent Women squad in full
Tash Farrant (Captain)
What you need to know
Vitality Women’s County T20
- Kent Women are the host side in this round of fixtures and will play both Middlesex and Birmingham Bears
- Birmingham Bears will also play Middlesex Women to complete the round of fixtures
- The £5 entry fee covers ALL THREE fixtures and supporters will enjoy three games of T20 cricket, weather permitting
- Kent Women vs. Birmingham Bears Women – 10:30 start
- Middlesex Women vs. Birmingham Bears Women – 13:30 start
- Kent Women vs. Middlesex Women – 16:30 start
- The County Ground, Beckenham enjoys good travel links to East Kent and Central London
- Full travel information can be found here
- Gates open one hour before play in the first game (09:30)
- Parking at The County Ground, Beckenham will be FREE for all for this fixture
- Tickets for a full day’s cricket at Beckenham are available in advance for £5 and will also be £5 on the gate
- Entry is free for ALL Kent members and package holders
- This fixture does not count towards one day’s worth of cricket in the Six Pack package
- Tickets will be available on the gate, also for £5
- There will be a concessions stand at the ground selling hot drinks and food
Wet Weather Policy
- Sadly cricket matches are sometimes adversely affected by rain and play can be stopped
- The County Ground, Beckenham has no covered seating – we highly recommend supporters bring coats or umbrellas
- If there are less than ten overs over the entire day, please keep your ticket stub and this will be valid for any other Kent Women fixture next season