Bragging rights are at stake this Sunday 5th May as Essex Eagles visit The County Ground, Beckenham for the first ‘Battle of the Bridge’ clash with the Kent Spitfires.
The Spitfires go into Sunday’s game buoyed by an eight-wicket victory over rivals Surrey in the Royal London One-Day Cup on Thursday.
Matt Milnes continued his rich vein of form in this competition by taking 3/37 in eight overs, with Fred Klaassen (2/17), Daniel Bell-Drummond (2/22), Matt Renshaw (2/17) and Harry Podmore (1/28) also in the wickets.
Bell-Drummond also scored 41 with the bat, with Heino Kuhn (36*) and Matt Renshaw (32*) steering the Spitfires to an eight-wicket win over Kent’s oldest rivals.
2019 Kent Cricket Academy graduate Jordan Cox features in a Royal London One-Day Cup squad for the first time after making his List A debut for Kent against Pakistan.
For Essex Eagles, experienced Australian bowler Peter Siddle has taken 12 wickets in six matches in this season’s tournament at 22.08.
Varun Chopra tops the Eagles’ run-scoring charts with 263 runs in just three innings, including a run-a-ball 127 against Glamorgan two weeks ago.
If selected to play, this will be the first time ex-Kent seamer Matt Coles will play at The County Ground after leaving the county last year.
Ex-England Test batsman Alastair Cook is also named as a part of the Eagles squad.
Kent Spitfires squad in full
Heino Kuhn (Captain)
Essex Eagles squad in full
Simon Harmer (Captain)
Things you need to know
- Unfortunately we are currently unable to live stream matches at The County Ground, Beckenham
- All Royal London One-Day Cup and Specsavers County Championship matches at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence in Canterbury that are NOT televised will be live streamed on kentcricket.co.uk
- The County Ground, Beckenham enjoys good travel links to East Kent and Central London. Full travel information can be found here
- Parking at The County Ground, Beckenham costs £10 on the gate (free for life members)
- We recommend that you pre-buy your tickets before gates open at 10am to enjoy £5 off the gate price
- Tickets will be available on the gate for £25
- Hot food will be available at The County Ground from various food concessions
- Spectators are allowed to bring in their own food and drink – four cans of beer OR a bottle of wine are allowed
Wet Weather Policy
- Sadly cricket matches are sometimes adversely affected by rain and play can be stopped
- The County Ground, Beckenham has no covered seating – we highly recommend you bring coats or umbrellas
- On all occasions we aim to be totally fair and transparent with ticket purchasers and so the following offer is in line with our stated policy
- All tickets are sold on the basis of being non-refundable but the Kent Wet Weather Policy is activated when less than 10 overs are bowled in one-day fixtures
- Spectators who purchased tickets for this match are able to exchange their ticket for another day at a later match (not restricted to one-day fixtures)
- In the event of an abandoned match, spectators who purchased tickets are able to exchange them for another day at a later match (not restricted to one-day fixtures). Please call 01227 456886 to arrange an exchange or post your match tickets with your name and address to Kent County Cricket Club, The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Old Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3NZ
- Please note the wet weather policy does not apply to complimentary tickets
- Confirmation of the offer will be made at matches via the PA system and via the Club’s website, twitter feed and weekly e-newsletter, Extra Cover