Vitality Blast cricket returns to The County Ground, Beckenham this year as Kent Spitfires host Hampshire on Sunday.
The Spitfires head to the west of the county looking to make amends after they suffered their first defeat of this year’s Vitality Blast on Friday evening in Hove.
Kent still still at the top of the South Group after five wins in their first six games and welcome a Hampshire side that currently occupy third place after three wins and two losses so far.
One of Hampshire’s defeats was to a travelling Kent Spitfires side in Southampton in the second game of this year’s Blast.
Needing twelve runs to win the game with three balls remaining, Kent’s Alex Blake hit two sixes in a row to secure a two-wicket win for the Spitfires with one ball to spare.
Blake now sits second in Kent’s six-hitting charts, with nine so far, two sixes behind Afghanistan international Mohammad Nabi on 11.
Hardus Viljoen has taken the most wickets for Kent in this year’s tournament with 11 in six games, followed by Imran Qayyum with seven.
For Hampshire, England World Cup winner James Vince has scored the most runs so far for the south coast side with 164 from five innings, whilst legspinner Mason Crane has taken eight wickets.
Imran Qayyum is ruled out for this fixture after sustaining a hand injury in our last match against Sussex Sharks in Hove.
Marcus O’Riordan, formally a member of the Kent Cricket Academy, is included.
The off-spinner was a part of the Kent Second XI side that lifted the Second XI Trophy at Beckenham earlier this summer, taking 4-43 in the final.
Sam Billings (shoulder) and Joe Denly (England) remain unavailable.
Things you need to know:
- We will NOT be live streaming home Vitality Blast fixtures this season
- The live streaming of away matches is subject to broadcasting rights and the discretion of the host county
- The County Ground, Beckenham enjoys good travel links to East Kent and Central London. Full travel information can be found here
- The club has liaised with Southeastern trains to provide the following special rail services for supporters:
- 1158: Dover Priory to London Victoria – stops at Beckenham Junction at 1344
- 1204: Canterbury West to London Victoria via Maidstone East – stops at Beckenham Junction at 1357
- 1220: Ramsgate to London Victoria – stops at Beckenham Junction at 1414
- 1825: London Victoria to Canterbury West via Maidstone East – stops at Beckenham Junction at 1839
- 1840: London Victoria to Ramsgate via Faversham – stops at Beckenham Junction at 1853
- 1925: London Victoria to Canterbury West via Maidstone East – stops at Beckenham Junction at 1939
- ALL bags will be searched on arrival – save time by leaving bags at home and leave plenty of time to get into the ground before start of play
- NO alcohol will be allowed into the ground
- Parking at The County Ground, Beckenham costs £10 on the gate (free for life members)
- We highly recommend that you pre-buy your tickets before gates open at 13:00 to enjoy £5 off the gate price
- Our last Vitality Blast fixture against Essex Eagles at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence sold out and tickets were not available on the gate
- Advance tickets for the Main Stand have now completely SOLD OUT
- Ground entry tickets will be currently available on the gate for £30
- A Taste of Thailand
- Rad Burger
- Hut Dogs
- Raclette Melt
- That’s Amore Pizza Co.
- Taco Bill
- Ice Cream, Coffee
- Our friendly mascots Victa and Victoria will be in attendance tomorrow
- There is a family enclosure between the Main Stand and the Indoor Cricket School, in front of the Paddock fenced area of grass
- There will be a bouncy castle situated in the paddock
- The Kent Cricket Community Team will be running cricket activities for kids
- A player autograph session will take place after the match in front of the picket fence by the Member’s Pavilion
Food & Drink
- Spectators are NOT permitted to bring ANY alcohol into the ground
- Food and sealed soft drinks are allowed
- The back of the Main Stand
- Beckenham end
- Between the Pavilion & Indoor School
- Next to the fenced ‘paddock’ area
The Kent Cricket Shop is located to the outside of the Indoor School and sells a variety of Kent Cricket merchandise, including:
- Kent Cricket replica shirts
- Kent Cricket branded clothing and accessories
- Kent Cricket memorabilia
Wet Weather Policy
- Sadly cricket matches are sometimes adversely affected by rain and play can be stopped
- We are expecting sunshine and hot weather today
- The County Ground, Beckenham has no covered seating – we highly recommend you bring sunhats and suncream
- View the club’s Wet Weather Policy here