The Kent Spitfires bring their Royal London One-Day Cup South Group campaign to a close against Middlesex under the lights at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence on Tuesday.
Kent go into this fixture after two victories against both of their closest rivals last week, defeating Surrey at the Kia Oval and most recently Essex Eagles at Beckenham on Sunday.
Daniel Bell-Drummond hit an unbeaten 120 during the Spitfires’ run chase after also taking 2/36 in his nine overs with the ball during Kent’s innings in the field.
Zak Crawley also scored 94 and together, the two openers hit a record 188 partnership against Essex in one-day competition.
Middlesex are in with a shout of qualifying for the knockout stages following a five-wicket win against Glamorgan on Sunday.
The competition’s leading wicket-taker Nathan Sowter claimed four for 58, to take the leg-spinner’s tally to 22 wickets, as Glamorgan were dismissed for 285.
Captain Stevie Eskinazi steered Middlesex to their target with an unbeaten 67, after Sam Robson and Nick Gubbins hit half-centuries, to edge them two points clear of the chasing pack.
Kent Spitfires squad in full
Heino Kuhn (Captain)
Middlesex squad in full
Stephen Eskinazi (Captain)
Things you need to know
- All Royal London One-Day Cup and Specsavers County Championship matches at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence in Canterbury that are NOT televised will be live streamed
- This fixture will be live streamed and available to watch via www.kentcricket.co.uk
- The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence in Canterbury enjoys good travel links with London and the rest of Kent. Full travel information can be found here
- Unfortunately there will be no public pay-on-the-gate or life member on-site parking (excluding pre-paid parking pass holders & blue badge holders) and no parking at Simon Langton Girls’ School
- We highly recommend use of the New Dover Road Park & Ride – CT1 3EL (£3.50 per day) – More information here
- We recommend that you pre-buy your tickets before gates open at 12pm to enjoy £5 off the gate price
- Tickets will be available on the gate for £25
We are delighted to confirm that we have a number of food concessions available at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury for this fixture including:
- AMORE PIZZA
- T.C. Gourmet Kitchen – serving burgers, bacon rolls etc.
- Carvery: Served 3:30pm – 5:30pm in the Cornwallis Room
- Hot Food: Served 12pm – close of game on the Les Ames Bar
- Hot and Cold Snack and Drinks – Served 12pm – close of game
- Spectators are allowed to bring in their own food and drink – four cans of beer OR a bottle of wine are allowed per person
- Re-admittance into the ground with alcohol is not permitted
Wet Weather Policy
- Sadly cricket matches are sometimes adversely affected by rain and play can be stopped
- On all occasions we aim to be totally fair and transparent with ticket purchasers and so the following offer is in line with our stated policy
- All tickets are sold on the basis of being non-refundable but the Kent Wet Weather Policy is activated when less than 10 overs are bowled in one-day fixtures
- Spectators who purchased tickets for this match are able to exchange their ticket for another day at a later match (not restricted to one-day fixtures)
- In the event of an abandoned match, spectators who purchased tickets are able to exchange them for another day at a later match (not restricted to one-day fixtures). Please call 01227 456886 to arrange an exchange or post your match tickets with your name and address to Kent County Cricket Club, The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Old Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3NZ
- Please note the wet weather policy does not apply to complimentary tickets
- Confirmation of the offer will be made at matches via the PA system and via the Club’s website, twitter feed and weekly e-newsletter, Extra Cover