Current ICC Champions Trophy holders Pakistan will face the Kent Spitfires in a one-day tourist match at The County Ground, Beckenham on Saturday as they ramp up their preparations for the 2019 Cricket World Cup starting in May.
The visitors have been training at The County Ground and will look to use this fixture to prepare for a limited-overs series against England starting next week.
2019 Kent Cricket Academy graduate Jordan Cox is set to start in his first appearance for Kent and Kent Second XI’s wicketkeeper Marcus O’Riordan and all-rounder Jared Lysaught are included.
Due to injuries to a number of Kent players over the last couple of weeks, the ECB have given the club permission to include 2 guest players for this fixture.
Middlesex seamer James Harris will re-join the county for this match after playing for Kent on loan in 2017. Essex’s Dutch right-armer Shane Snater will also feature.
For Pakistan, distinguished leg-spinner Yasir Shah, who broke an 82-year-old record in December by claiming his 200th wicket for Pakistan in just 33 Tests, is could feature against the county he played for two seasons ago.
Right-handed batsman Babar Azam is currently ranked 7th in the world in the official ICC ODI Batting Rankings.
Six members of the Pakistan squad selected for their tour of England featured against Kent in a drawn three-day tour match last season.
Kent Spitfires squad in full
Adam Rouse (Captain)
Pakistan squad in full
Sarfraz Ahmed (Captain)
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Things you need to know
- The County Ground, Beckenham enjoys good travel links to East Kent and Central London. Full travel information can be found here
- Parking at The County Ground, Beckenham costs £10 on the gate (free for life members)
- We recommend that you pre-buy your tickets before gates open at 10am to enjoy £5 off the gate price
- Tickets will be available on the gate for £25
- Hot food will be available at The County Ground, including halal options
- Spectators are allowed to bring in their own food and drink – four cans of beer OR a bottle of wine are allowed
Wet Weather Policy
- Sadly cricket matches are sometimes adversely affected by rain and play can be stopped
- The County Ground, Beckenham has no covered seating – we highly recommend you bring coats or umbrellas
- On all occasions we aim to be totally fair and transparent with ticket purchasers and so the following offer is in line with our stated policy
- All tickets are sold on the basis of being non-refundable but the Kent Wet Weather Policy is activated when less than 10 overs are bowled in one-day fixtures
- Spectators who purchased tickets for this match are able to exchange their ticket for another day at a later match (not restricted to one-day fixtures)
- Call 01227 456886 to arrange an exchange or post your match tickets with your name and address to Kent County Cricket Club, The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Old Dover Road, Canterbury, Kent CT1 3NZ
- Please note the wet weather policy does not apply to complimentary tickets
- Confirmation of the offer will be made at matches via the PA system and via the Club’s website, twitter feed and weekly E-newsletter, Extra Cover