After a quarter-final appearance last season, Kent Spitfires are raring to go in this year’s Vitality Blast.
New Zealand international quick Adam Milne returns to the county for the third year in a row after a successful 2018 campaign, taking 13 wickets at 22.84.
Vitality Blast signings Hardus Viljoen and Mohammad Nabi have trained with the squad and, along with Milne, took part in two Second XI Twenty20 fixtures on Thursday at The County Ground, Beckenham.
The Spitfires will look to improve on their quarter final appearance against Lancashire last year, falling to a six wicket defeat at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence in front of a fervent Kent crowd.
Heino Kuhn will be unavailable for this fixture due to concussion protocols after being hit on the head during Kent’s Specsavers County Championship tie with Hampshire on Tuesday.
Joe Denly (England) and Sam Billings (shoulder) are also ruled out for this match.
Kent Academy graduates Ollie Robinson and Jordan Cox are both included in the squad and could make their first-team T20 debuts.
Calum Haggett is included in a first-team squad for the first time this season after fully recovering from his elbow problem.
Daniel Bell-Drummond will captain the Spitfires in this fixture for the first time on his 71st T20 appearance for the Kent Spitfires.
Things you need to know
- We will NOT be live streaming home Vitality Blast fixtures this season
- The live streaming of away matches is subject to broadcasting rights and the discretion of the host county
- The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence in Canterbury enjoys good travel links with London and the rest of Kent
- Full travel information can be found here
- Gates open at 17:00 – two hours before the start of play
- Both the Main Gate on Old Dover Road and the Nackington Road gate will be open but please allow plenty of time for entry
- ALL bags will be searched on arrival – save time by leaving bags at home
- There will be no public pay-on-the-gate or life member on-site parking (excluding pre-paid parking pass holders & blue badge holders) and no parking at Simon Langton Girls’ School
- On-site parking for blue badge holders costs £15 for the day and cannot be booked in advance
- We highly recommend use of the New Dover Road Park & Ride – CT1 3EL (£3.50 per day) – More information here
- Additional Park & Ride services will run to and from the ground to fulfil demand before and after the match
- We recommend that you pre-buy your tickets before gates open at 17:00 to enjoy £5 off the gate price
- Tickets will be available on the gate for £30
- This fixture counts as one day in the Six Pack package
Food & Drink
- Spectators are NOT permitted to bring ANY alcohol into the ground
- Food and sealed soft drinks are allowed
We are delighted to offer a new variety of food concessions for the 2019 Vitality Blast season, with a wide range of selections, including vegan, vegetarian and child options:
- Naughty Egg
- Coffee & Cake
- Sausage & Mash
- Ice Cream
- Strawberries & Cream
- A Taste of Thailand
- That’s Amore Pizza
- Taco Bill
- RAD Burger
- Public bars in the Cornwallis Room (first floor of Colin Cowdrey Stand) and Les Ames Stand
- Beer marquee
Toilet facilities are located around the ground:
- Behind the Big Screen
- Behind the Leslie Ames Stand
- Behind the Frank Woolley Stand
- Behind the Underwood & Knott Stand
- Leslie Ames Bar
- Cornwallis Bar (First floor of the Colin Cowdrey Stand)
- Disabled toilets in the Leslie Ames entrance area and behind the Woolley Stand
- Our friendly mascots Victa and Victoria will be in attendance tomorrow
- There will be a post-match player autograph session by the barrier outside The Lime Tree Café
Wet Weather Policy
- Sadly cricket matches are sometimes adversely affected by rain and play can be stopped
- View the club’s Wet Weather Policy here