Surrey come to The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence on Friday evening to resume the oldest rivalry in world cricket against the Kent Spitfires in a sell-out Vitality Blast clash.
After two washed-out fixtures for the Spitfires over the past week or so, Kent will be looking to gain the two points for victory for this fixture to keep hopes of Vitality Blast South Group qualification in their own hands.
A post-match Fireworks Display will end the 168th Canterbury Cricket Week, the latest edition of the oldest cricket festival in England.
This match has now completely sold out, and there will be no tickets availalble to purchase on the gate.
Despite Kent’s two missed matches due to rain, fast bowler Hardus Viljoen still sits joint-top of the tournament’s wicket taking charts with 17 in ten matches.
Alex Blake and the now-departed Mohammad Nabi are tied for first place in the Spitfires’ six hitting charts in this tournament with 11 apiece, with Daniel Bell-Drummond now top of the run-scoring charts with 241 so far.
The Spitfires are unbeaten at home in this year’s Blast, with wins against Somerset and Essex Eagles in Canterbury and against Hampshire at The County Ground, Beckenham.
Kent are currently second place in the South Group on 14 points, three points clear of Somerset in fifth place. The top four teams qualify for the quarter finals, with the top two getting home berths.
Surrey are seventh with eight points and three victories, needing to realistically win all of their remaining fixtures to qualify for the next round.
Australian star Aaron Finch is currently Surrey’s top run scorer with 259 in ten matches, whilst Tom Curran, who is now out for the rest of the season due to injury, has taken the most wickets for Surrey with 17.
Adam Milne is also out for the rest of the season after successfully having ankle surgery this week. He will stay at the club for the next few weeks and will undertake his rehabilitation in England.
Imran Qayyum returns after a hand injury kept him out the side, and Matt Milnes could be in line to make his first career T20 appearance.
Things you need to know
- We will NOT be live streaming home Vitality Blast fixtures this season
- The live streaming of away matches is subject to broadcasting rights and the discretion of the host county
- The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence in Canterbury enjoys good travel links with London and the rest of Kent
- Full travel information can be found here
- Gates open at 17:00 – two hours before the start of play
- Both the Main Gate on Old Dover Road and the Nackington Road gate will be open but please allow plenty of time for entry
- ALL bags will be searched on arrival – save time by leaving bags at home and leave plenty of time to get into the ground before start of play
- NO alcohol will be allowed into the ground
- There will be no public pay-on-the-gate or life member on-site parking (excluding pre-paid parking pass holders & blue badge holders)
- Parking is now available at Simon Langton Girls’ School and will cost £10 on the day (free for life members). This cannot be booked in advance
- On-site parking for blue badge holders costs £15 for the day and cannot be booked in advance
- We highly recommend use of the New Dover Road Park & Ride – CT1 3EL (£3.50 per day) – More information here
- Additional Park & Ride services will run to and from the ground to fulfil demand before and after the match
- This fixture is now completely SOLD OUT
- There will be NO tickets available at the gate
- Existing Life, All-Rounder, Spitfire and Junior members and all Six Pack package holders with days left on their package do not need to purchase tickets as all capacity calculations are done with member and package holder attendances in mind.
- This fixture counts as one day in the Six Pack package
- In line with the club’s Wet Weather Policy and to ensure supporters remain informed, all ticket purchasers from last week’s abandoned matches with Glamorgan (Wednesday 14th) and Sussex Sharks (Friday 16th) can still exchange their tickets for next Thursday’s match with Gloucestershire or have a ticket credit added to their ticketing account that can be redeemed against tickets and memberships for next year.
- Tickets from either washed-out match last week are NOT redeemable on the gate for this fixture
- The 168th Canterbury Cricket Week will be signed-off in style with a post-match Fireworks Display
- Our friendly mascots Victa and Victoria will be in attendance
- There will be a post-match player autograph session by the barrier outside The Lime Tree Café
- An action photobooth provided by Photo Team – see yourself as a member of the Kent Spitfires squad!
- Princess of Wales’ Royal Regiment cadets will be in attendance running activities
- CAMRA marquee
- The evening will be hosted by presenters from KMFM
- No ball games are permitted near parked vehicles in the ground but access to the 3G football pitch inside the Kent Cricket Academy is available for use (no food is to be taken on)
Food & Drink
- Spectators are NOT permitted to bring ANY alcohol into the ground
- Food and sealed soft drinks are allowed
We are delighted to offer a new variety of food concessions for the 2019 Vitality Blast season, with a wide range of selections, including vegan, vegetarian and options for children:
- Ice Cream van
- Coffee & Cake
- Naughty Egg
- A Taste of Thailand
- That’s Amore Pizza
- Taco Bill
- RAD Burger
- Raclette Melt
- Public bars in the Cornwallis Room (first floor of Colin Cowdrey Stand) and Les Ames Stand
- Beer marquee
The club operates a Challenge 25 policy at all bars serving alcohol at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence. If you’re lucky enough to look under 25 years of age, please bring photo ID with you if you’re purchasing alcohol inside the ground.
Toilet facilities are located around the ground:
- Behind the Big Screen
- Behind the Leslie Ames Stand
- Behind the Frank Woolley Stand
- Behind the Underwood & Knott Stand
- Leslie Ames Bar
- Cornwallis Bar (First floor of the Colin Cowdrey Stand)
- Disabled toilets in the Leslie Ames entrance area and behind the Woolley Stand
The Kent Cricket Shop is located next to the Frank Woolley Stand and in the side of the Colin Cowdrey Stand and sells a variety of Kent Cricket merchandise, including:
- Kent Cricket replica shirts
- Kent Cricket branded clothing and accessories
- Kent Cricket memorabilia
- Cricket equipment
- Hockey equipment
- All bars support contactless card payments but if you require cash, there is a cash machine situated at the Sainsbury’s Local outside the main entrance to the ground
- We are expecting hot weather and sunshine at this fixture
- Spectators are advised to wear sun cream and stay hydrated
- Sadly cricket matches are sometimes adversely affected by rain and play can be stopped
- View the club’s Wet Weather Policy here