We are currently looking to recruit a talented Head Chef. Our ideal candidate must have stadia and hospitality experience within an extremely busy venue. In return we offer a very competitive salary with numerous benefits.
1. To be accountable for the kitchen operation, both legislative (H&S, H.A.C.C.P’s etc) and financial
2. Be generally aware of the overall running of the business in conjunction with the GM, developing the management structure and ensuring all communications and actions are carried through to the rest of the team.
3. As figurehead of the kitchen, set & maintain standards of food quality in terms of taste, presentation & service in a style which the Centerplate UK is renowned for.
4. Direct and motivate the kitchen brigade in conjunction with the Sous Chef, delegating and communicating responsibilities effectively, utilising weekly management meetings, briefings etc. setting goals, deadlines and training procedures.
5. Provide food to the highest standard.
1. Director of Culinary
2. General Manager
3. Maintain close working relationship with Head Office and the Accounts Department
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that financial targets are met or exceeded
2. Ensure that all members of the kitchen brigade are fully aware of and achieve their objectives
3. Liaising with the Executive Team, monitor results in all areas of the business, look at effectiveness of producers and discuss and implement any ideas or innovations
4. Communicate with Development Chef in respect of personal development, training, appraisals and long term objectives
5. To be aware of and ensure that those responsible to you are aware of all legislation that is relevant to your work and ensure that all legal requirements are met including: Health and Safety at Work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Fire Precautions and any others.
6. Adherence to Company Policies
7. Responsibility for catering at Tunbridge Wells Cricket Festival
8. Responsibility for catering at The County Ground, Beckenham
This job description is non-contractual and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at time of writing.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and covering letter before Friday 10 March 2017