Canterbury’s spectacular fireworks display and fun-filled family evening returns once again this year to The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence, the home of Kent Cricket.
Kent Cricket’s Fireworks Night, sponsored by Cygnet Hospital Maidstone, saw a continued year on year boost in attendance last year, hosting over 4,500 people at the only fireworks display in Canterbury guaranteed to be held on Bonfire Night, the 5th of November.
Alongside a breath-taking 20-minute fireworks display which forms the evening’s centrepiece, there will also be:
- Fairground attractions
- Live music from Old Town Souls for the whole family to enjoy
…all hosted by KMFM’s, Laura Crockett in the heart of Canterbury!
What you need to know
- 5pm: Gates Open – Funfair attractions open as gates open
- 5:30pm: Entertainment begins – Interviews, competitions etc. with Laura Crockett from KMFM
- 6pm: Live Band – The Old Town Souls
- 7:15pm – 7:35pm: Fireworks Display
- 8pm: Expected Close
- Food, Drink & Hot chocolate will be available at the Lime Tree Café.
- The Cornwallis bar, Pavilion & HR GO Recruitment Harris Room on the third floor of the Cowdrey stand will be open as a bar.
- Other concession options: Radburger, Thai, Pizza, Tacos, Raclette, Hotdogs.
- Entrance & exit through the main entrance only
The Park & Ride service is the only parking available to the public. There will be no parking at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, for this event, this also applies to blue badge holders.
- Park & Ride, Old Dover Road, Canterbury, (CT1 3EJ)
- Situated approximately a 10 – 15-minute walk from the ground or short bus ride. For this event – the park and ride service will be FREE – our partners at Stagecoach ask that a small donation be made in their charity collection bucket on the night
- The bus heading in stops in front of the turnstiles on Old Dover Road
- For the return journey, you can either catch the bus from outside the ground and take the round trip into town and back out to the Park & Ride car park or catch the Park and Ride bus or any Stagecoach from the far side of New Dover Road near the St Lawrence Road junction and take them back to the Park and Ride site.
- PLEASE NOTE – NO ALCOHOL OR FIREWORKS ARE PERMITTED
- Food is permitted
- Pre-event ticket prices:
- Adult £8, Junior £4, Family £20 on the night.
- Junior = 3-15 (16 and up = adult ticket) – under 3 years old is free
- Tickets will be sold on the gate by stewards (by Lime Tree Café).
- Adult £10, Junior £5, Family £25 on the night.
- Kent Cricket Membership does not allow entry to the event.
- There will be a disabled viewing area at the bottom of the Woolley stand.
- Toilets in the Pavilion, Cowdry & behind the Frank Woolley Stand will be open.
- The shop will not be open during the Fireworks night.
- In case of bad weather & the fireworks not taking place, tickets can be exchanged for 2020 Fireworks Night display.
- Seating will be available on the green seats between the Colin Cowdrey & Les Ames Stand.
- Lower Frank Woolley Stand
Lost Child Point:
- We will have a lost child point set up in the main Kent Cricket office – the nearest steward will be able to help direct
- Rides: Fun House, Waltzers, Juvenile Jets, Mini Paratrooper, Miami Ride
- Located in front of the academy, please note, rides can only be paid for with cash