Tammy Beaumont and Tash Farrant are set to face New Zealand at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence after being named in England’s 15-strong squad for the Royal London ODI Series against New Zealand.
Hampshire off-spinner Charlie Dean has been selected, whilst Kate Cross and Lauren Winfield-Hill both return to the group, having missed out on the Vitality IT20 series, while Danni Wyatt is also back in the squad, having not been selected for the Royal London Series against India.
Former Kent Women star Suzie Bates is also involved in New Zealand’s squad.
England Women Royal London Series squad in full:
- Heather Knight (Berkshire & Western Storm, Captain)
- Tammy Beaumont (Kent & Lightning)
- Katherine Brunt (Yorkshire & Northern Diamonds)
- Kate Cross (Lancashire & Thunder)
- Freya Davies (Sussex & South East Stars)
- Charlie Dean (Hampshire & Southern Vipers)
- Sophia Dunkley (Surrey & South East Stars)
- Sophie Ecclestone (Lancashire & Thunder)
- Tash Farrant (Kent & South East Stars)
- Sarah Glenn (Worcestershire & Central Sparks)
- Amy Jones (Warwickshire & Central Sparks)
- Nat Sciver (Surrey & Northern Diamonds)
- Anya Shrubsole (Berkshire & Western Storm)
- Mady Villiers (Essex & Sunrisers)
- Lauren Winfield-Hill (Yorkshire & Northern Diamonds)
- Dani Wyatt (Sussex & Southern Vipers)
Head Coach Lisa Keightley said: “We’re really looking forward to the Royal London Series. It’s a great test for us, and five more important ODIs ahead of the ICC Women’s World Cup next year.
“It’s a very busy schedule and we’ll need to work hard throughout it to ensure players are in the best position to get through it, and it may well be that we need to manage the group in order to do that.”
Royal London Series
- Thursday September 16: 1st match of the Royal London Series. England v New Zealand (Bristol County Ground)
- Sunday September 19: 2nd match of the Royal London Series. England v New Zealand (New Road, Worcester)
- Tuesday September 21: 3rd match of the Royal London Series. England v New Zealand (The Uptonsteel County Ground, Leicester)
- Thursday September 23: 4th match of the Royal London Series. England v New Zealand (The Incora County Ground, Derby)
- Sunday September 26: 5th match of the Royal London Series. England v New Zealand (The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence, Canterbury) – BUY TICKETS HERE