Applications are invited for the position of Venue Operations & Commercial Executive for The County Ground, Beckenham at Kent County Cricket Club.
The role will include sales, marketing and business development responsibilities together with operational activities such as the day to day running of the Indoor Cricket School and other sports pitches/courts.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure customers are provided with a safe environment, acting in the event of emergency and providing support to the day-to-day facilities management of the ground
- Responsibility over the sports bookings an online booking system and communicating with customers via email, telephone and face-to-face.
- Work closely with the Finance Executive at Canterbury with regards to invoicing sports booking customers.
- Manage the Duty Office rota for shifts outside of office hours.
- Assist in operational planning and delivery of First-Class Cricket matches as well as other fixtures and events held at The County Ground.
- Involvement with the marketing, communications and business development objectives of the business.
- You will be involved in project managing and delivering aspects of a longer-term strategic plan for the ground at Beckenham.
- You will form a strong and effective working relationship with the Venue Operations Manager, Groundstaff, Duty Officers and General Catering Manager at The County Ground.
The appointed individual will work closely with the Head Groundsman, Director of Cricket, Head Coach and Captain on all aspects of pitch preparation and the impact on the cricket operations department, as well as developing a strong working relationship with The Manager at The County Ground, Beckenham with regards to the match day and non-match day operations.
Suitable candidates will be commercially and operationally capable. They will be driven, well organized and a pro-active worker, with a knowledge, appreciation and understanding of the sports industry, particularly cricket.
A Candidate Brief is available from the Club’s website. Full details on how to apply are included within the brief.
Closing Date for applications: 17:00hrs on Tuesday 5th March 2019.