After a ten day break, Kent welcome Somerset to The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence in the Specsavers County Championship from Monday 10th – Thursday 13th June.
Kent will look to improve on their last performance, a 113 run defeat away at Essex before the break. Batsman Daniel Bell-Drummond frustrated Essex on Day Four with a stoic score of 81 but the hosts secured their second victory of the season with victory at Chelmsford.
The fixture against Somerset is a repeat of the first game of 2019, in a match that went right down to the final day, ending in victory for a strong Somerset side at the start of the season.
Mitchell Claydon recorded career best figures of 9/112 whilst Darren Stevens and Sean Dickson both top-scored for Kent with 43 apiece.
Grant Stewart returns to the squad after injury with some impressive performances for the Kent Second XI this season on his way back to full match fitness.
Sam Billings (shoulder), Calum Haggett (elbow) and Ivan Thomas (knee) are still out and in the rehabilitation phases from their respective injuries.
Kent squad in full
Joe Denly (Captain)
Things you need to know
Forecast & Wet Weather Policy
The latest Met Office weather forecast is much better for Day Two on Tuesday 11th June
- Please read below the Club’s Wet Weather Policy
- Updates on any potential delays/start times will be communicated via the Club’s offiical Twitter account here
Wet Weather Policy
- Sadly cricket matches are sometimes adversely affected by rain and play can be stopped
- On all occasions we aim to be totally fair and transparent with ticket purchasers and so the following offer is in line with our stated policy
- View the club’s Wet Weather Policy here
- All Specsavers County Championship matches at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence in Canterbury that are NOT televised will be live streamed
- This fixture will be live streamed and available to watch here
- The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence in Canterbury enjoys good travel links with London and the rest of Kent.
- Full travel information can be found here
- Unfortunately there will be no public pay-on-the-gate or life member on-site parking (excluding pre-paid parking pass holders & blue badge holders) and no parking at Simon Langton Girls’ School
- We highly recommend use of the New Dover Road Park & Ride – CT1 3EL (£3.50 per day) – More information here
- We recommend that you pre-buy your tickets before gates open at 10am to enjoy £5 off the gate price (first three days only)
- Tickets will be available on the gate for £20
- Day Four tickets will be available for £10 in advance or on the gate.
- The latest ever-popular Member’s Forum will be held at Lunch on Day Two in the Pavilion at The Spitfire Ground, St. Lawrence
Food & Drink
- Spectators are allowed to bring in their own food and drink – four cans of beer OR a bottle of wine are allowed per person
- Re-admittance into the ground with alcohol is not permitted
Countrystyle Recycling Schools Day Out
- On Day Two of this fixture, Kent Cricket will open its doors for schools across Kent to come and experience a professional cricket match, for the very first time for most pupils, proudly supported by Countrystyle Recycling
- Over 1,400 pupils from schools in the county will come and experience a day’s play of Division One Specsavers County Championship cricket
- The Club is committed to inspiring the next generation of cricket fans by letting as many schoolchildren in Kent as possible experience cricket, whether that be at a match or through participation at school and at local cricket clubs
- Find out more about Kent Cricket’s work in the community here