As we look ahead to the 2024 season, multiple Kent Men first-team players have made plans to enhance their game overseas in these Winter months.
The KFC Big Bash League (BBL) has begun for 2023/24 with Kent Spitfires T20 skipper Sam Billings featuring in the opening match. His Brisbane Heat side took on Melbourne Stars at The Gabba & contributed 18 runs in 11 deliveries as well as taking the gloves behind the stumps and getting a catch.
Be a part of the Kent Cricket family for 2024 – Kent Memberships are now on sale at Early Bird prices.
Entry to ALL scheduled home Kent matches is included in Kent Membership – with prices starting at just £130:
Gift options are also available on all Memberships & Ticket Bundles!
Zak Crawley has signed for Perth Scorchers & will travel to Western Australia after England’s ODI Series with West Indies. In the Caribbean, Crawley has been batting ‘at three’ for England in one victory and one defeat so far in the series – he scored 48 in the first contest of a three-match series.
Wes Agar, who will be returning to Kent for the start of the season until the end of July, will feature for Adelaide Strikers in the BBL. Also based at the Adelaide Oval are Agar’s state side, the West End Redbacks.
Australia’s version of the County Championship, the Sheffield Shield, has been underway since October – right-armer Agar has 20 wickets in four matches for the Redbacks so far at an average of only 19.70, with best figures of 6-46 against Western Australia in October – one of two five wicket hauls this domestic season.
- Left-arm opener Ben Compton has been opening the batting for Kwa-Zulu Natal Inland Tuskers in Cricket South Africa’s four-day series. In three matches so far, ‘Compo’ has amassed 324 runs, including three innings of 50 or more, & 170 against North West
- Academy graduate Jaydn Denly is in England’s squad for the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup
- Leg-spinner Matt Parkinson will feature for Raiders Unlimited in the US Open T20 competition this Winter
- New seam recruit George Garrett will play for Redland Tigers in Queensland’s Grade Cricket system
- Right-armer Jas Singh will play for Northern Districts in Grade Cricket, based in New South Wales
- Wicketkeeper-batter Harry Finch will play for Onslow Cricket Club in Wellington, New Zealand
2024 Kent Memberships are now on sale – be a part of Kent Cricket and guarantee your place at Kent’s home matches next season.